The culinary professionals’ section of potatoes.co.nz
This area is especially for chefs, cooks, caterers, foodwriters, tutors, teachers, dietitians and nutritionists.
In this section you can:
- view the latest research and industry news – e.g. The White Potato – an affordable, nutrient-dense vegetable
- be inspired with potato recipes from New Zealand’s leading chefs
- read about the industry in Fresh Inspiration
- download free educational resources from the Resource section
- read our top tips for buying and storing.
The potatoes.co.nz Team
Seen recently at the National Secondary School Culinary Competition – Michael Van de Elzen explaining the finer points of judging to Tamati Coffey.
More information on chef competitions.
New Zealand GAP
In New Zealand there is an assurance programme known as New Zealand GAP – Good Agricultural Practice.
It provides a traceable, accountable system from crop to customer and ensures that best practices are employed in the production, packaging and distribution of vegetables.
Visit www.newzealandgap.co.nz for more information.
Delegates attending the 2013 Dietitians NZ Conference, talked potatoes on the vegetables.co.nz and potatoes.co.nz stand.
The potato QR codes took delegates through to recipes for potatoes via a smart phone app.